Hunger Games Week: NOTD - Diamond in the Rough

Hey Guys!

So this is Day 2 of Hunger Games Week and today I bring you a Nail Of The Day. If you guys missed Day 1 of thes posts, CLICK HERE. That post basically explains this quick series that im doing and shows you the first polish that I'm featuring; which was China Glaze's Smoke and Ashes. That can also serve as a reference to the manicure that I'm showing today. I call this one Diamond In The Rough

Photobucket

So I am still in full "Katniss" mode, ergo the NOTD that Im showing right now. I guess you can say I'm kind of following the book a little with these series. So I need to explain this NOTD a little but more precisely. The tributes (the kids going of to fight in the Hunger Games) are suppose to go to the Capitol and get spiffied up and paraded to show their Districts. Katniss and Peeta are in District 12 which is the Mining district. I know some miners can find diamonds or other gems while mining. but I digress. Anyway, back to Katniss. they are suppose to be dressed but but since Katniss and Peeta arent the most "pretty" when they come to the capitol, they are therefore Diamonds in the Rough. It isnt until their stylist; Cinna and Portia, get a their hands on them that they truly become the diamonds that they are during the interviews.

Photobucket

I used 2 of the China Glaze Hunger Games polish in this manicure. I used China Glaze's Smoke and Ashes as a base and put China Glaze's Luxe and Lush polish on top. Luxe and Lush is a flakie polish. This polish is suppose to represent District 1 and they are mostly responsible for Gems and Diamonds that are sent to the Capitol. It a really great flakie polish.


Photobucket

Photobucket

It tooks AMAZING! The flakie polish looks like its embedded into the black polish which makes it look like stuck diamonds in coal or something in that image. The green from the black polish really reflects off the flakies, giving it that green effect. They definitely compliment each other well.


Anyway, please let me know what you guys think of this mani down in the comments!

Keep a look out on my Hunger Games Week posts :)

till later!
- Jemimah


May The Odds Every Be In Your Favor...

___________________________________________
Follow My Blog!:
http://www.OhMyJemimahXD.blogspot.com

Follow Me On Twitter for Any Updates:

Comments