Jemimah's Top 13 of 2013





Hey Guys!

Tis the season of yearly favorites and I thought I would throw my name in the hat as well! It was actually both hard and easy for me to pick these favorites because I didn't really so much with make up and I mostly experimented with skin care items. It was easy for me to pick but hard because I actually came under 13 when it came to picking 13. But I buckled down and did it. So without further ado. Here are my Top 13 products for 2013!

Keep reading to find out more about my favorites


Face:

My Favorite Foundation: Revlon Nearly Naked foundation
So, this is pretty much the only foundation that I used throughout the year. I love that it provides a dewy and natural look to my make up. It has great coverage but it isn't my holy Grail foundation just yet. I'm not the biggest fan of it's scent but that is a minor con to the many pros that it has. Another thing is that it doesn't do well with controlling oil. I find that I would usually need to blot after three fourths of the day. But other than that this has been my most used foundation of the year.



My 2013 Go-To Blush: L'Oreal Project Runway Blush in Charming Cockatoo
I am very much in love with this blush. I have one in my personal makeup collection and one in my make up kit. I find that this is the perfect universal blush. It goes well with a colorful look, or a neutral look. This has treated me very well and I barely made a dent in it. But as you can see from the tattered packaging, this blush has been well love and will continue to be loved throughout next year.



Skincare:

Clinique Oily/Combination Skin Skin Care Set
I actually got this as a combo set trio as a gift from my sister. This trio product has really changed my skin for the better. I've only been using this set for about 2 to 3 months but I can say that has really changed the texture of my skin. I'm also really impressed that the sizes lasted me a pretty long time. I am definitely going to buy bigger versions once the ones that I have have run out.



Eyes:

My Groundbreaking Eye Product: LORAC's 3D Lustre in Diamond
I didnt actually expect myself to really like this product! I love that the effect that it gives and I gotta say, for a glitter it is VERY wearable. I love just placing this on the middle of my lids, or if im feeling lazy but still want something, I place a very small amount all over my lids and it looks amazing! I think everyone should have this product! It may seem pricey for something small but it goes a very very long way! This small vial lasted me for a year and a half! 



My Liner Pick: LORAC's Front Of The Line Liner
I've actually only been a gel liner kind of girl. It didn't matter if I was in a rush or not, I always seemed to favor gel. But when I was introduced to this liner, I pretty much fell in love. The LORAC liner is probably the best that I've tried out there in the market and I've tried a lot of high end ones from NARS to Urban Decay. This has converted me. Don't get me wrong, I still love the my gels, but now there is a special place in my heart for this liquid liner. If you guys have any suggestions on liquid pen type of liners please let me know!



My Mascara: Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara
Ok I'm not gonna lie, this is pretty much the only mascara I've been using all year. Since the summer, I've used this and have bought nothing else. I may have strayed sometimes just to try out others but this has been the most amazing one that I've used for 2013. I have fairly medium length lashes but my problem is I have Asian lashes. Meaning they never curl! This mascara hold up my curl amazingly and I love the plump brush on this bad boy.



Lips:

My overnight lip balm: Vaseline Rosy Lips
I know this balm has just recently come out but I've been using it recently and I really fell in love with it. I like using this balm overnight especially because my lips feel extra dry once I wake up. This is been a godsend for me this winter. Granted it's supposed to give you rosy pink lips I found that it doesn't really get much of a color which doesn't really bother me.



My Instant Lip Balm: EOS Lip Balms
I'll admit, I never really like this lip balm until this year. I always found them drying and doesn't give much moisture to my lips. I'm guessing that they changed the formulation of it because they feel more moisturizing now than they did last year. Ever since my rediscovery of them I bought pretty much every single flavor of it. I keep one in my purse, my bedside table, and my vanity table. I find that they are good for providing instant moisture as opposed to something more overnight. I also like using them as a "lip primer" before any lip color.



My lip product of the year: L'Oreal Wet Shine Glosses
I cannot express how much I love these gloss stains. I haven't been into the matte look for a while so these glosses have really been a lifesaver. My favorite is Pink Resistance and I actually picked this up on a whim. I have a review on this and if you're interested at seeing my full opinion on them, please click over HERE.



Body: 

My Discovery Perfume: Katy Perry Purr
This is slowly becoming my signature scent and an added plus is my boyfriend loves this on me. I would probably describe this as a very girly scent but has a bit of musk to it. It pretty much a perfect description of me as well. I'm not the best at describing scents so give this a whiff the next time you're at your local Ulta or Sephora.



My Rescue Lotion: Hempz Body Lotion in Vanilla Plum
I would not have personally bought this product by myself. I was fortunate enough to get it free with my Ulta rewards one time around late summer and this has been been my go to lotion every time I'm feeling a little extra dry in the winter months. It is pretty amazing. I have a few dry patches on my legs and it totally goes away when I put this on. One thing is that this is a fairly pricy lotion with a price tag of $23. BUT I found that they do sell it cheaper online.



Nails: 


My Essential Nail Color: OPI's Keys to My Karma
No matter what the season red polishes never really go out of style. I find them to be incredibly seductive and classy at the same time. It's very important to have a go to red polish in your collection and this one is mine. I've used this pretty much all year whenever I want to have that perfect red shade on. It may stain a bit but it is worth it!



My New Nail Base: Butter London Nail Foundation
So this is probably the most unique nail base that I've ever used. The Butter London Nail foundation is properly named because it is a lot like a foundation for your  nails. It has a slight skin color tone to it and it leave your nails matte, making it much easier for your color polish to just glide on and stick on your nails. It is also fantastic when you don't want a color to stain your nails.

Well I hope you guys take my Top 13 in consideration and maybe try them out for yourselves too!

till later, with love

______________________________________________
Twitter: OhMyJemimahXD
Instagram: OhMyJemimah_XD

Comments

  1. my daughter also love using Clinique. I really liked the L'oreal wet shine gloss and I'm very tempted to try the Butter London nail foundation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment