Review: Rimmel Universal Lipliner

Hey guys! 

As you may or may not (most likely the latter), I recently received another Influenster VoxBox and in said box there were a few Rimmel products. This specific lipliner caught my eye, the Rimmel Moisture Renew Universal Lipliner. So I have decided to post this lip liner review and Im sure you're thinking, "Why is a lip liner review so important that an entire post is dedicated to it?" Well, keep reading and you will see why this IS the only lip liner that you will need. 

Keep reading to see my review on the Rimmel Moisture Renew Universal Lipliner..







So to fully give this liner a fair shot, I picked out two different lipsticks with two different finishes. I chose both MAC lipsticks as well because I'm fairly sure that we all know how the finishes are with this lipstick. So for testing candidates, I used Flat Out Fabulous (Retro Matte Finish) and Fanfare (Creamsheen finish). I also chose these two lipsticks because one of them (Fanfare) does NOT last while the other (Flat Out Fabulous) lasts a fairly good amount of time.

Before we get into the lip shots, here are a couple of things about the liner:
- Comes out clear
- Semi matte finish
- Lightweight feeling

Now on to the swatches...



Fanfare - Creamsheen
So here is the difference of the two lipsticks over time. Their claim was that it lasts for about 7 hours but I only did 5 (because I'm extremely impatient ha). So as you can see, The lipstick hung on to my lips fairly well. This was after eating as well so I was very surprised. When I use this lipstick alone without a lipliner, it would last maybe maybe 1 hour. But with the liner, It lasted a fair amount.

Creamsheens are known for their shine and having a somewhat pigmented but definitely not the most amazing for lasting power.



Flat Out Fabulous - Retro Matte
So this is where you definitely see where the lipliner goes to work. As you can see from the pictures, there is very little fading when it came to this lipstick! I was not incredibly surprised mainly because this lipstick lasts fully for about 2-3 hours, but with the liner it lasted amazingly. One thing that really stood out to me is that my lips were not dry. This is a very matte lipstick, so some drying is inevitable. What surprised me is that this lipstick was so comfortable to wear after 5 hours. This was the defining test

Retro Mattes are obviously very matte and very much pigmented. Great lasting power, but fairly drying.



Overview:
- It does its what its claimed
- Locks in the moisture and allows for longer lasting lipstick
- MUST BUY IT! 


I did not expect to like a clear universal lipliner. I have always been a believer to the colored lip liner so this definitely made me skeptical. But after this, I know that this might be the only lipliner that I would ever need. Thanks of saving me all that money Rimmel! 

So, thats it for now. 
I will be posting more reviews (hopefully) on the products I received in my VoxBox


till later, with love
DISCLAIMER: All products were sent in consideration for testing 


______________________________________________
Twitter: OhMyJemimahXD
Instagram: OhMyJemimah_XD



Comments